Batch File and Commands

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Dave Neve

Batch File and Commands

Post by Dave Neve »

Hi

I am not really sure what a batch file is and does, but I think it might be what I need.

I would like to do a search for all files with the extension .wbk,
select them and then move them to a special folder called 'Wbk folder'

I can do the find and select bit but I don't know how to 'create a template'command and apply it to the batch .wbk

So, have I more or less understood what batch is and can it do what I need?

Thanks

Dave Neve
Thanks for all help in advance!!!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

That task is really easy to do with xplorer2 - Pro version.
The find operation displays the items in a scrap pane.
From that display, you can select them all (or just the ones you want) and drag them to your destination. (or copy them, or create shortcuts) :D

I'm not very much of a 2xExplorer expert, nor a real .BAT file expert.
Maybe somebody else can help with that. :shrug:
... But if you are really interested in saving time, reducing effort (especially if you believe that TIME = MONEY ) I encourage you to check out the full version of xplorer² (a.k.a. x2-Pro).
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

What fgagnon said. :-) I recommend to try out the modern brother(s) of 2x.

Still there's an easy way to do with 2x what you want (which I used often before turning to x2) . If you have the files displayed in the find window copy them to the clipboard with Ctrl-C and paste them again in the folder you want them.

Then you can delete the files in the find window (which will delete them on the disk too).

Of course you could make a batch template as well and move them with DOS but why bother for this case.

-- BRX