2exEplorer help - Need help with thumbnail window

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

thedemigod

Post by thedemigod »

When i load up 2xExplorer now my thumbnail preview window is gone and it doesn't come back when I click on the Thumbnail button..what can I do?  plz help ..thnx  

demigod
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Hi thedemigod
I had the viewer go off the screen a few times and I could not get it back. I deleted the registry entry for 2X and it reverted to the original installation. If you delete the registry entry, you will need to set your preferences again. Perhaps someone else can tell you which specific key to remove/change to bring back the window.
thedemigod

Post by thedemigod »

Hi, maybe you can help me with deleting the registry key.  I'm not sure on how to go about it.  Thnx if you can help.   ;)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

checkout FAQ# 11 for the registry entries you need to delete (the problem described there is different but the cure is the same)

if you can't find the registry editor, just pick the run command from Start menu and type in regedit. Locate the registry key mentioned and delete a few items as described (you just right-click on a key on the tree and pick delete). Just be careful not to delete anything important! Still, 2x would work even if you deleted its information subtree completely

to safeguard against similar problems in the future, once you restore your thumbnail and have it positioned where you want, save this layout using one of the 3 available slots in View | Layout (e.g Ctrl+Shift+7)
thedemigod

Post by thedemigod »

Hey guys thanks for the help, I updated the regedit.  Now it works great...Plus this time I made layout prefs..thnx again guys.   :D