Tool Bar Buttons - Move buttons to tool bar

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Ken Curtis

Post by Ken Curtis »

Can you move the "Up one level" and "Root directory" buttons from the Address Bar to the Tool Bar.

This is a minor issue, but would make it slightly easier to click on them since I wouldn't have to move the mouse pointer so far. Big deal, I know, but just a convenience request.

For that matter, it would really be great if I could customize the tool bar.
Ken Curtis
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

toolbar customization is one of these things that i have never tried to do (programmatically) so it's left as a future improvement

you'll save some on your mouse mileage :) if for going up a level you just double-clicked on a pane's "title bar"; this is explained in keyboard.txt, which as i never tire mentioning, is an indispensible read for advanced & optimized use of 2x
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

How about a single-click (not double-click) in the blue-bar to go up one level?

(I know, I know, that the "go up one level" button is just half inch above these bars! )
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that takes the biscuit, surely, you must be the laziest person alive  :D

but i'm afraid there's a serious usability conflict that doesn't allow this suggestion to materialize. A single click on the pane title bar is the only way you can mouse-activate a pane without affecting the existing selection pattern (unless the new sticky selection mode is on). So it's sorry no bonus here 'm afraid!
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

> that takes the biscuit, surely, you must be the laziest person alive  

No way! A competitor to my own title? ;-)

BRX