Infotips for mp3 files

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Dwukwiat

Post by Dwukwiat »

Hey folks,

I've noticed a curious thing when it comes to the infotips displayed by 2xExplorer Omega 1.4.1.5, namely, the ones that appear when one moves the cursor over an mp3 file. If such a file was encoded using VBR (Variable Bit Rate), the infotip displays wrong length of the song. For example, a song that is 15 min. long, appears to be only 7 min. long. For songs that were encoded using constant bit rate, the infotip shows their proper length. It's not a problem for me, I'm just interested why it is so. Any explanation? Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature?  ;)

Regards,
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

2x doesn't extract the infotip itself, it is being handed the info boxed by shell. So although this seems like a bug it is with windows. As a proof, the tip shown by the standard explorer should be also wrong by the same amount -- or let me know!

PS. although it won't make a change for infotips, get the stable version 1.4.1.8 which was out yesterday
Dwukwiat

Post by Dwukwiat »

Hello, Nikos!
2x doesn't extract the infotip itself, it is being handed the info boxed by shell. So although this seems like a bug it is with windows.
I was just kidding with that bug thing! :D And it doesn't matter that much for me, there are just few mp3 files on my HDD (1.4GB is few, isn't it? ;) ). Anyroad, I've checked with Windows Explorer, and this little bugger displays exactly the same incorrect tips. So you're right, it's one of the notorious M$ features. :devil:
although it won't make a change for infotips, get the stable version 1.4.1.8 which was out yesterday
Maaan, are you kidding?! Checking the 2xExplorer website is the first of my daily routines!!! :spin: So I've been having the latest build for some 26 hours already!!! :evilgrin:

You can imagine how impatiently I am awaiting the release of that next creation of yours! Whadya call it? Exploder Zwei or somethin'...? :bigsmile:

Thanks a lot for your help, and keep up the good job, dude! :thumbup:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Anyroad, I've checked with Windows Explorer
i feel rather guilty that my disgraceful use of english is rubbing on to users that read my texts

one of these days you folks are going to come here and nobody would be able to make sense of you except for northeners :D
Dwukwiat

Post by Dwukwiat »

Anyroad, I've checked with Windows Explorer

i feel rather guilty that my disgraceful use of english is rubbing on to users that read my texts
Are you having a go at my use of the wonderful word "anyroad", or at my English in general? :p

Curious, :cheesy:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

anyroad  :)