Problem view file properties with Z1

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dam

Post by dam »

There seems to be a problem with viewing file properties with 2xExplorer Z1 using either the F12 key or the context menu.
Basically, when I view the properties of large files the entire file is copied to the Windows temp dir and then the properties are displayed.  After dismissing the properties window the temp copy is deleted.  This is extremely annoying with large files since I have to wait for the copy to complete before viewing the properties.

This behavior does not occur with the Windows shell or explorer... or with the previous versions of 2xExplorer.

I am running Windose Me.

Thanks,
Danny
pmf

Post by pmf »

Doesn't happen with my Win ME  (2xExplorer 1.4.1.10) :shrug:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Neither with me, in Win NT4.

I checked this as follows:
1. Open any folder in pane#1, and C:\temp in pane#2.
(does not matter which pane is which--numbers are just for reference)
2. Check properties of C:\temp (CTRL+D). (This is the "before" condition)
3. Highlight some files in pane#1 (which make up a large size), and press F12.
4. Check C:\temp again (CTRL+D) while the properties box is still active in panel#1. This is the "after" condition.

In my case, there's no change.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i haven't changed anything in Z1 that could have affected properties like that. My only suspicion is if you are checking properties of files within zipfolders, windows may do the daft thing and extract the file first

there's an easy way to check this. Have one pane pointing to %TEMP% (nice new feature in the address bar this) and the other in your troublesome folder. Hit F12 and see if anything gets into your temp directory