Thumbnail window resizing itself - how to keep it from resizing

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

GarconFils

Post by GarconFils »

I have the thumbnail toolbar on the left side under the default tree toolbar.  They are equally in size.  I like to see more of the tree toolbar so I  pull it down so that the thumbnail toolbar is smaller in size and the tree is larger/longer.

When I close 2x and reopen it both toolbars are equal size again!  How do I keep it so 2x will always open in the same setting?

It is like the screen shot here:
http://netez.com/2xExplorer/snaps/r7.gif
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you don't need to do anything in particular other than checking the save program state on exit option in the View | Options dialog

i've noticed that if you have the thumb viewer open when you exit, then next time it will be restored to the preferred size; if you close it on the other hand and reopen it in a fresh instance of the program, then you'll get it half-size (which is what you don't like)

however, you can solve all these problems by saving a layout as you want it (see View | Layouts menu); then re-establishing it is just a single keystroke away
GarconFils

Post by GarconFils »

okay I have the save and exit option on but when 2x restarts it goes back to same size.

I saved it as  layout1 with thumbnail toolbar being smaller than the tree. But when I exit and restart 2x the same thing happens: thumbnail and tree are even size.   However, I can reload the saved layout1 and it works. There is a way to keep layout1 as the default?

I can move around other toolbars and make configurations with no problem.  Only that the configuration that I want is not cooperating!  :crazy:

Product Build: 1.3.1.10
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

> keep layout1 as the default

no but you gave me an idea for a future command line option!
in the meantime, you just need to press [Ctrl+7] and the layout will be activated for you