New beta version - Crashes with drag n drop

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Nick440

Post by Nick440 »

Hello,

I have the 2x Explorer new version,  and I have been using the old version which is also very nice.  However, on this new beta version,   I noticed that its ok until I run Winamp,  and I try to drag an mp3 file from 2x Explorer onto my winamp window,    the 2x Explorer crashes.  I am using Windows XP, if that helps any.  And the old version of 2x  does not crash on me at all even when I drag n drop a file anywhere.

Just thought I would pass this bug along to you so you can fix it up.   Outside of the crashes on drag n drop I have no problems with the new beta version....

Thankyou for a great program I really like it..

Nick..
tobarger

Post by tobarger »

Having similar crashes while dragging & dropping problem with the new beta 2xexplorer on Windows ME.

1) open 2xexplorer
2) select a file on the right pane and drag it to the left pane
3) crashes every time

Crashes only occur if the above procedure is the very first drag & drop operation performed since starting 2xexplorer. If the very first drag & drop is performed from left to right, then from that point on durring that session, right to left drag & drop operations do not crash 2xexplorer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

nick4400: please try the debug version (as recommended in another thread)

i'd appreciate your trying this debug version

if you get assertions errors, take a snapshot and then click "Ignore" -- i would like to see any such messages generated.

Of course the really interesting stuff are when you try the drag/drop. If it crashes again without any messages i'd like to see the crash log (do windows ME have Dr.Watson?)

thanks

PS. [to Sal] could you please move this thread to 2x's support forum? thanks!
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Sorry about that Nikos. I thought you were already able to move topics anywhere on the board. The adjustments were made and you can now move, delete and do a bunch of other things anywhere on the board. :evilgrin:

When I move a topic, I sometimes leave a copy of the title where it was originally posted so that the person that started it can find the topic. Clicking on the link will take them to the correct forum. However, I found it to be a problem when someone posts a 2x topic in the wrong place. As soon as one is posted in the wrong forum, more would follow so I delete the original when moving them. :shifty:

You will see the various options available to you when you move them.

Cheers Super Mod :party: