desired feature: ftp access within 2x - desired feature: ftp access within 2x

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

bdwelle

Post by bdwelle »

2xplorere has already replaced 3 or 4 other various utilties -- it would be SO cool if I could put in an FTP url in one pane and drag and drop to upload/download. Maybe this is already a feature and I just haven't found it?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

FAQ# 1 has some thoughts on this issue

In the past few months I have become an (involuntary) ftp user myself, why with the website hosted on a remote server and all (thanks Sal! :) )

although i admit that an embedded ftp feature would be nice, it's just so much different than anything else that 2x reads.

But I've found that an internet explorer window would do the job nicely. Just launch IE, type ftp://username@address.com and there you are. Since (I) only transfer stuff in one direction only, from here to there, a mere drag/drop does the job nicely and I'm out of there in an instant.

if there's anything for me to figure out is how to somehow tap into the ready made functionality of this ftp code and make it accessible from within 2x. But I've got other things on my mind at present...
bdwelle

Post by bdwelle »

I know about using IE, and yes it does work pretty well, but it would be really cool to have that same drag-and-drop ftp within the 2xplorer two-pane view.