Problem in Renaming Files ...

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pacman_0020

Post by pacman_0020 »

Hi,

I upgraded to version Z1 (Omega) from R7xx recently, and started noticing a strange behavior - if I try to rename a file, and am unable to do so (permission problem, file name already exists etc.) - I get a message box telling me the problem, then I am back in the Explorer pane at the file I tried to rename (and failed) so I can change the name again.

At this time if I hit 'ESC', it appears as though the rename succeeded - I get to see the new file name instead of the old one ! Hitting refresh on that pane does not help either ; I have to go to a different directory and return (to see the original file name). :(

Version R7xx never took control back to the offending file, and showed the original name itself, if the rename failed ...

I am on WinNT (if that helps ! ).

Cheers,
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is an unfortunate side-effect, but the correction feature will work in your favour most of the time, allowing to to complete the remane.

When you hit ESC then the display gets a bit all over the place but the file itself is not affected
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well, i figured out a way to correct this glitch and added it in a new build 1.4.1.9 which i'm going to release later today