lost file problem

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

modstermike

lost file problem

Post by modstermike »

regarding the topic of lost files when moving or copying over a network in 2xExplorer...

IS THERE ANY WAY TO RETRIEVE THE FILES???  I just lost 22 GIGS of music thanks to this problem.  

Is there any possible way to retrieve the missing files as they seem to still be somewhere on my hard drive. The drive space has not changed even though windows explorer and every backup/restore utility that I have cannot find them.  The only thing that says there still in there is 2x when I look at the folder data for the specific nethood folder.  

Please Help.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

check c:\documents and settings\your user name\nethood
modstermike

Post by modstermike »

When I use the folder data tool in 2x on that folder (docs and settings\me\nethood) the files are listed but they do not show up in the pane.  They also do not show up when you search for mp3 files in 2x, or in windows explorer when either browsing or searching for mp3 files.

I have found them using an undelete program... but I can't recover them until I pay for the full version of the software.  The program says that some of the files are in the nehood folder and others have been deleted but are recoverable.

Is there any other way to retrieve them through 2x using folder data or something?  This bug really through me by surprise.

Thanks for your help.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

try opening a dos box on the parent folder, that should allow you to see the hidden files
collar

Post by collar »

Greetings,

Even if the files are erased they can still be brought back with data recovery tools. I suppose using Active@ Undelete or Uneraser (for DOS) in this case these are truly mighty utils that never failed me before. It's data recovery methods are truly awesome. Thst should help solve your problem.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.uneraser.com/