History bar, Drive letter location - customizing the bars

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

GarconFils

Post by GarconFils »

hello...

Is there a way to customize the length of the address bar or detach it separately from the other buttons?

Also, can the drive letters be placed to the right or left of the icon instead of below for a slimer horizontal diskbar?

cool! :beer:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

> customize the length of the address bar

there is this registry variable called nFolderComboWidth (see registry.txt) but this only affects the width of the combo when it is docked vertically. To get an idea of what's possible in terms of toolbars in 2x, take a look at the snapshots page

> drive letters be placed to the right or left

no... The toolbar issue is something that gives me a headache. Sometimes i feel that it's harder to get the toolbars right than figuring out how to do the folder browsing, the core business of 2xExplorer. What with about 10 different shell/explorer/common control versions, everything goes! I try to concentrate my efforts where I have actually got some control! :)
GarconFils

Post by GarconFils »

Okay I solved the problem by first making the L,R panes stack on top of each other.  Then I placed all the toolbars vertically and used the letter option for the drivebar. I customize the length of the address bar to fit nicely on top of the thumbnail bar. :beer: