Delay with Z1

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

sdigital

Post by sdigital »

2xExplorer Z1 is even more better!
I've got only two weird things.
1 - when cpu is occupied (by a rendering or when I launch a program), 2x doesn't respond: it seems freezed
2 - when I plug my camcoder via USB, I can't unplug it using the XP tray icon (to "safely hardware unplug / remotion" ... I don't know the English terms)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

are these new problems only with Z1 or they occured with the older versions too?
sdigital

Post by sdigital »

With the older version too.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

although these signs are abnormal, i wouldn't worry too much about them since they are not features introduced with Z1.

since obviously you worry about them though, i'll offer a couple of pointers. For the USB problem I wouldn't know anything. When you quit 2x, are you able to disconnect the camcorder? What makes you think it's 2x's fault?

regarding the freezing problem, this may be expected in certain situations. For instance, when 2x is busy doing something like copying or searching for text, it becomes unresponsive by design. Launching programs shouldn't cause such problems though, since they are executed from a background thread
sdigital

Post by sdigital »

nikos wrote:When you quit 2x, are you able to disconnect the camcorder?
What makes you think it's 2x's fault?

regarding the freezing problem, this may be expected in certain situations. For instance, when 2x is busy doing something like copying or searching for text, it becomes unresponsive by design. Launching programs shouldn't cause such problems though, since they are executed from a background thread
I can't disconnect the camcorder.
I do it but it's forced and win not notify the disconnection.

About the freeze it happens just when I launch a program.
Btw, during the launch I don't performs things such search, copy or others.
Simply I try to go into a folder or go back ... things suchs this, simply I try to browse my computer.
It's really strange ... moreover it seems that I'm the one that have got this problem.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

while launching?
this is the most unexpected of situations, since 2x launches from a background thread (it's one of the few things done in the background! ). Does it happen for all kind of files launched or some particular type?

it looks like we'll have to wait till somebody else reports similar problems in the hope a pattern emerges
:shrug: