Uninstalling 2xExplorer

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jfaulkner44

Uninstalling 2xExplorer

Post by jfaulkner44 »

I am new to the forum and started reading the messages from the beginning, but didn't see the answer.  Hopefully you don't think I am a real dope.  

I currently have 2xExplorer installed, but just downloaded xplorer2 so I want to uninstall 2xExplorer.  I have checked add/remove programs, nope; I have checked the various files to see if there is an uninstall file, nope.  

So I need help.

Thanks so much
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Just delete the files (and if you want, the folder too). That's it!
jfaulkner44

Uninstalling 2xExplorer reply

Post by jfaulkner44 »

Thanks so much for your help.  I have always been told not to uninstall that way because you still have 'stuff' remaining in the registry, but I will give it a try.
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

As mentioned by narayan, simply deleting the files & folder is the recommended procedure for uninstalling 2xExplorer.
(There is no uninstall utility for 2xExplorer.)

But you are correct that there will be some useless stuff leftover in the registry.
If you are familiar with editing the registry with regedit you can get rid of it just to be 'clean'.
Here's what to do after deleting the files:
> Start | Run... | Open: regedit
> navigate to My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc
> delete the key named 2xEplorer (along with all its subkeys)
> close regedit, and you're done

HTH

PS - Personally, I have kept my 2xExplorer as a small, capable-enough, familiar 2-pane file manager for use when updating, maintaining, tweaking my xplorer² files and settings. Especially convenient in cases when xplorer² needs to be closed for adjustments to 'take'.  -fg-

Uninstalling 2xExplorer reply #2

Post by jfaulkner44 »

Good idea about having both.  I will take your advice.  What's one more icon on my desktop.  Right???
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA
movmasty

Re: Uninstalling 2xExplorer

Post by movmasty »

jfaulkner44 wrote:I am new to the forum and started reading the messages from the beginning, but didn't see the answer.  Hopefully you don't think I am a real dope.  

I currently have 2xExplorer installed, but just downloaded xplorer2 so I want to uninstall 2xExplorer.  I have checked add/remove programs, nope; I have checked the various files to see if there is an uninstall file, nope.  
Pardon jf, but did you install 2x? or just copyed the files? then....
movmasty

Post by movmasty »

fgagnon wrote: PS - Personally, I have kept my 2xExplorer as a small, capable-enough, familiar 2-pane file manager for use when updating, maintaining, tweaking my xplorer² files and settings. Especially convenient in cases when xplorer² needs to be closed for adjustments to 'take'.  -fg-

In fact i did, but, if i started first the pro, then the light came up like a second instance of the pro,

and if i first started the light, then the pro opened same as the light.

Example, i did install the pro first, in italian, then, also to get an english menu reference, the light in english,

but if i first started the pro in italian, then the light was in italian, and if i first started the light in english, then the pro opened in english... :shock:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can't have the pro and lite running side by side (unless you use /P command line option). It's easiest to quit the one and start the other
movmasty

Post by movmasty »

ok, i think that just having totally separate settings in the registry would allow that.