New feature suggestion: - Favorite folders button

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Hi Nikos,

Since we can only have 6 bookmarks in 2xExplorer, how about adding a "Favorites" (like that - :love:) button storing all frequently used folders? I think everybody would be just happy to get this useful feature! Is it possible?

----
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

with a little imagination this feature is already available, minus the  :love: icon ;)

2x offers just 6 direct bookmarks (favorites) but you can have nearly unlimited indirect ones. What i do is create a folder called e.g. "Bookmarks" and I place there shortcuts to other folders i want bookmarked (the easiest way is to right-drag the target folder and pick create shortcut here from the ensuing menu

then i assign this "Bookmarks" folder to one of the 6 direct bookmarks 2x will allow. My personal preference is slot #0 but you can set it at #1 so that you'll have it accessible from the toolbar icon

so step #1 go to this Bookmarks folder and from in there just double click to your favorite destination. Easy as pie. For more info take a look at FAQ# 20
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Of course, I read FAQ and already use "My Bookmarks" folder assigned to slot 5 :)

I mean this "Favorites" button should not be just a replacement to "My Bookmarks", what i want to suggest is a button or maybe a menu (like in Internet Explorer) with two options: Add Favorite and Remove Favorite.  It could be  the easiest way of managing the most used folders for all lazy people like me  :D