View on opening - Unable to replicate existing Explorer

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

CaptainCode

Post by CaptainCode »

Two questions from a new, but impressed user:
First, I would like the opening tree to match my existing Explorer settings, namely, a first and second level expansion of the settings under Desktop (using Win 2K, SP2). I presently use the following switches in the shortcut command line to accomplish this:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,c:\..,

I have substituted the appropriate path to 2xExplorer.exe, and tried numerous permutations of the existing explorer switches and the approaches given in the "Command Line Arguments" section of the 2xExplorer R7xx file, to no avail.

The second question is much simpler: Is it possible to get 2xExplorer to display file attributes, as I presently have set in MS Explorer?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

2xExplorer does not support any of explorer's command line options, just those described in the 2x "manual" (2xExplorer.rtf). You can't root 2x onto a subtree like C:\ it always allows full namespace exploration

you can't get attributes either in the present version other than by invoking the property page of some item. But this is going to be rectified soon