Keyboarding: Can't Change to D: or H:

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

I'm running v1.3.1.12.

I have my 2 hard drives divided into 3 partitions each (C/D/E & F/G/H). I'm suddenly finding that 2x won't switch to the D: & H: "drives" with the ctrl-shift-(letter) combination.

A minor thing perhaps, but annoying. (I can still navigate to C: & H: with the mouse and other keyboard actions, but ctrl-shift is faster.) Any ideas?

I'm currently running 2x under 98se with Geoshell as the shell. ('twas the same problem with Explorer as the shell)

One other unrelated annoying issue is that 2x seems to clear the clipboard contents when I move to another directory. Equally perplexing.

TC
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

do you have an "international" keyboard?

wrt clipboard, 2x "takes it for a ride" internally whenever you copy/paste/delete files, even when you issue F5/F6 commands. This is a design limitation that has been corrected in xplorer2
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

BTW, I had a similar problem (couldn't access one drive, don't know which one any more) with Ctrl-Shift. It was an interfering clipboard manager I used, since when I disabled that the problem was gone.

BRX
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

As far as I know, it's not an international keyboard -- just a "Dell Quietkey."  (What's 'wrt' stand for, by the way?  Probably obvious, but I'm normally dense.)

I just exited Powerpro (menu bar) to see if it's hotkeys were interfering somehow, but there's no change.

TC
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

wrt - with respect to
(sorry about the obscurantism :) )

as BRX pointed out, if this is not an international keyboard problem then it must be some system-wide hook that is eating up those particular keyboard shortcuts. Check out your list of running programs to trace the culprit (any instant messaging stuff?)
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Wanna hear something funny?  I had the ctrl-shift problem under Geoshell and the normal Explorer shell.

Then I rebooted, switching over to Litestep.  Now it works!  I'm thoroughly confuzzed.

TC