Confirm deletes and not showing hidden files

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

helperguy

Confirm deletes and not showing hidden files

Post by helperguy »

Is it possible to set up to confirm deletes, at least directory deletes

and

In the Windows/system32/config directory, it does no show the files that have no extensions even though the box to show hidden files is checked. The files are Software. default, sam etc.

Interesting enough they do show on the new beta version and in the windows explorer. :?:

Thanks people
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

delete confirmation are turned on from your recycle bin (right-click and pick properties)

if you can't see files with no extensions, make sure you haven't got a filter like *.* (see FAQ 5)
helperguy

Filter was MY problem

Post by helperguy »

The 'Use Filter" was selected under the File menu and this was the cause of the problem for me. :oops:

And the recycle bin, which I don't use was also not checked. I just had a bad experience of deleting a file by accident and it caused me ever so much trouble. :oops:

Thanks Nikos for the help and the wonderful program which I reccommend highly to anybody that will listen.
chgoguy7

Delete Confirmation

Post by chgoguy7 »

I have a Recycle Bin replacement called Undelete so the traditional options within the Recycle Bin properties are completely different, including that there is no option to turn off delete confirmations. Anyone happen to know the registry entry for turning off delete confirmations? Thanks!