Now here's a really picky request!

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Now here's a really picky request!

Post by MKairys »

I would like the taskbar icon for 2xExp to display a shorter application title so there is more room for the current path to show. (I believe this is the same as the window title, so I suppose I am requesting that change as well

WinExp as you know has the option to display either the current folder or the complete path in the title bar. Can 2xExp do something like that?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

or it could move the 2x part after the folder name
unfortunately you would still be left wanting for more space for the path, especially as taskbar buttons' population increases, making them smaller
the only solution then would be to observe the tooltip that pops when you leave the mouse hanging over a button for a while
xplorer2user

Post by xplorer2user »

Can you still move the 2x part after the folder name?

Even if the taskbar buttons shrink and only part of the folder name shows, the partial folder names are still much more useful than a whole bunch of icons with the title "xplorer2..."

Tacking the application name to the end of the titlebar/taskbar button title seems to be the standard for most windows applications: MS Office, MS IE, Opera, Winamp, etc...

Anyways, this is the one reason keeping me from replacing XP's default explorer with xplorer2.
CmdrKrool

Post by CmdrKrool »

I agree that the xplorer2 part should be after the folder name(s), for the same reasons as in the previous post.

It's the first thing I noticed when I opened the program for the first time just now and it's quite offputting. I've got my Windows taskbar sized to 3 rows high (and on auto hide) so I can usually see a fair bit of text in a taskbar button.

Pleeease could you change or add an option for this soon as I really like the look of the rest of this program! :)