Feature request -- Single Click WITHOUT AUTOMATIC ACTIVATION

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

danielrod

Feature request -- Single Click WITHOUT AUTOMATIC ACTIVATION

Post by danielrod »

Hi there,

I have my mouse set to Single Click Activation. The problem?

When I switch from 2xExplorer to another app, and then back, the item that ends up under my mouse gets selected automatically. I would like to maintain the activation on the previously activated item.

Likewise, when I get a dialog box or error message, because I have my mouse set to "Snap To", the mouse automatically "snaps" to either the OK or Cancel button automatically. This results in the mouse ending up in a different location from where it was previous to getting the prompt. When I simply hit <enter> on my keyboard (and the prompt goes away) my mouse automatically highlights the item immediately beneath it, thus de-activating my previously active item. Sometimes the other pane gets activated altogether.

This is rather annoying as it causes me to "loose my place" everytime, especially when dealing with very long lists of files. Would it be possible to provide an option to disable automatic activation after switching back from another app, process, prompt, etc?

Although I see the value of automatic activation on the "hovered" item, I would prefer to have the option to explicitely wake up this feature by clicking on the pane first--by not explicitely doing this, the active item should remain activate regardless of where the mouse ends up after switching back from another app, process, etc.

Whew.

Thank you,

--Daniel
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what you want is not possible but you can separate single-click activation from "hover" (track) selection

after quitting 2x edit its registry key and subtract the value 8 from General Settings\lvsExtendedStyle which corresponds to turning LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT off
danielrod

Post by danielrod »

Which registry key is it? I couldn't find it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER-->Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software. I looked for it under 2xExplorer and Netez.

--Daniel
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this value is under the key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\2xExplorer\General Settings

whatever value you find in lvsExtendedStyle, subtract 8 (make sure you switch to decimal) and set the reduced value

unfortunately, next time you go to View | Options it will be turned back on -- i think, so make sure you don't change these options very frequently
danielrod

Post by danielrod »

Awsome. It worked.

Not sure what you mean by:

"next time you go to View | Options it will be turned back on"

I currently have Single-Click Activation WITHOUT Automatic Activation on Hover, which is what I want!

What exactly do you mean when you say, "it will be turned back on" and why is this undesirable??

Thanks,

--daniel

P.S. Curious...what does ZabaraKatranemia stand for?? Greek??
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

when you go to View | Options the number you have manually changed in the registry will get back to its original single-click+trackselect value, and to turn it off again you'll have to repeat the procedure. A bit of a pain but now you know the drill!

PS there was a previous post for Zavarakatranemia, use the search feature for all the gossip :)
danielrod

Post by danielrod »

Got it. Thanks!

--Daniel