Bug? Sticky selection plus mouse drag-select

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

duggyfresh

Bug? Sticky selection plus mouse drag-select

Post by duggyfresh »

With sticky selection mode on and one or more items selected, as soon as you start to drag-select the mouse to add a group of files to the selection, all existing selected items are deselected.

I think the existing selection should be added to like the mikro$oft Ctrl+mouse drag action in Windows Explorer.

Please let me know if my explanation of this one is not clear enough! :-)

Regards,
Duggy.
(2xExplorer 1.4.1.12)
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

How i do it

Post by zippit »

I presume you mean 2x,not x2.I can't find a sticky option.
I do a lot of file moveing.I use equal panes,hilite in one,right click any any one,select cut or copy.right clk in the new location folder and select paste,or use ctrl v.
This is my favorite feature of 2xExplorer. :)
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
duggyfresh

Re: How i do it

Post by duggyfresh »

zippit wrote:I presume you mean 2x,not x2.
That's what I said! :-)
zippit wrote:I can't find a sticky option.
On the Mark menu...
zippit wrote:I do a lot of file moveing.I use equal panes,hilite in one,right click any any one,select cut or copy.right clk in the new location folder and select paste,or use ctrl v.
You've misunderstood my meaning. In Windows Explorer, if you have some files selected, you can add to that selection by holding down Ctrl and selecting some more files, in my case by dragging a selection rectangle over them with the mouse. In 2xExplorer, attempting this (without the Ctrl 'cos we're in sticky mode) causes all previously selected files to become unselected. This seems inconsistent with general sticky selection behaviour.

Regards,
Duggy.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

my earlier points on sticky selection apply
if you want to add on top using this "lasso" selection, then you must press <Ctrl> (or <Shift>)
duggyfresh

Post by duggyfresh »

I'm sorry, I haven't seen your earlier points. Directions to them? :-)

If you don't need to press Ctrl when clicking directly on the item to add it to the selection, why should you have to when lasso-selecting?

Regards,
Duggy.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i was referring to my previous answer to your similar question
it's a "technical" limitation, i.e. it cannot be solved within the time/complexity I am prepared to devote to this detail :)
duggyfresh

Post by duggyfresh »

OIC. Fair enough. :-)
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: How i do it

Post by zippit »

duggyfresh wrote:
zippit wrote:I presume you mean 2x,not x2.
That's what I said! :-)
zippit wrote:I can't find a sticky option.
On the Mark menu...
zippit wrote:I do a lot of file moveing.I use equal panes,hilite in one,right click any any one,select cut or copy.right clk in the new location folder and select paste,or use ctrl v.
You've misunderstood my meaning. In Windows Explorer, if you have some files selected, you can add to that selection by holding down Ctrl and selecting some more files, in my case by dragging a selection rectangle over them with the mouse. In 2xExplorer, attempting this (without the Ctrl 'cos we're in sticky mode) causes all previously selected files to become unselected. This seems inconsistent with general sticky selection behaviour.

Regards,
Duggy.
Make up your mind please,are we working on a W Explorer problem,or a 2xExplorer problem.I don't use Windows because 2x is better.Use cut/copy and paste with equal panes,and the ctrl key to add,or click the first,hold the shif key and click the last,Forget about sticky,if you want to solve this.It works,No pane's no gain. :roll:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
duggyfresh

Post by duggyfresh »

Never mind.
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Why

Post by zippit »

duggyfresh wrote:Never mind.
The purpose of a forum is to help solve problems that reach a conclulsion.
Never mind doesn't do it. :(
So try again.
:lol:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
duggyfresh

Post by duggyfresh »

I meant "Never mind, I have had an answer from Nikos." As far as I am concerned: case closed. :-)

Regards,
Duggy.