Pane view shortcut

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

ben

Pane view shortcut

Post by ben »

Is there/will there be keyboard shortcuts for switching between pane styles? Although there are already more keyboard shortcuts than I can ever remember, it would be really useful to be able to switch between 2 chosen views. For example alternating between list and thumbnail, or list and details. Thumbnail is really, really useful when dealing with html's and jpegs but can obviously be a bit of a pain to have on all the time. I think that the thumbnails feature is very underrated and should be promoted as a major feature. How are the 'thumbnailed' file types chosen? And would it be possible to have non-thumbnailed file-types just show their default icon rather than 'NO THUMB'?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there will be shortcuts to change styles and most probably you could have some folders use predetermined view styles (e.g. My Pictures always browsed in thumbnail mode)

all file types that have a registered "previewer" in your system can show up as thumbnails. Shell extensions are responsible for this behaviour and in principle can be added to any type of file

"no thumb" was a quick solution
real icons can be shown but it is rather hard on memory and some programming effort is required. We'll see