suggestion

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikigter

suggestion

Post by nikigter »

Is it possible every "Pane" to have its own "AddressTollBar" ?
Morning Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Morning Star »

Please correct me if I am wrong, but you are asking if it would be possible to have an bar at the top of every pane showing the path current to that pane, right?

It would be possible, of course, but many of us (Nikos included) particularly like the uncluttered look of x2. However, this issue seems to be a thorny one, (see thread: http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=853) and some other, less cluttering, ideas are being examined...
It is my job to comfort the disturbed,
and to disturb the comfortable.
joba

Suggestion

Post by joba »

I agree with the suggestion to have an addressbar or at least an indicatin of the path of each pane. I am always trying to figure out in which directory I am.

I am also missing some of the icons that are on 2Xexplorer like going to the root directory, changing the second pane to the same directory than the pane I am in, etc. I believe that they will come as development progresses? :D
Joba
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

as i've said many times all things in 2x will find their way to x2
Ctrl+I already works though
Morning Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Morning Star »

This title bar issue definitely seems to be divisive. Personally, I don't like the idea at all; it just seems like clutter to me.

However, in that other thread, Nikos suggested the possibility of a tooltip showing the complete path, and this sounded like a good compromise to me.

Then we would only have to argue about the delay before the tooltip appeared... :wink:
It is my job to comfort the disturbed,
and to disturb the comfortable.