File associations won't work

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Presumed guilty by emoticon?  I don't think that's exactly admissible as evidence, guv'nor (how's that for "noble-expression"?)   (You'll note that everyone else in the world is in agreement that Germans lack a sense of humour though, so as the law of nature says might makes right, the numbers have it. :twisted:)  Didn't you see that new monkey filum [sic]?  They gave up using their keyboards and just decided to nullify the Shakespeare question by eradicating human culture altogether (and, weirdly, developing voice-boxes while they were at it).
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Au contraire, good sir; we Germans resemble people with a lack of humor now that Loriot, the last great German satirist, has died (in the end of August) and left giggling "haha, women are so dumb" "comedians" back who are now the spearhead of German humor and one of the reasons I don't have a TV in my bedroom. Monkeys, indeed, not recitating Shakespeare though.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Hmm... a rather odd thing happens when you type "w-h-y a-r-e g-e-r-m-a-n-s" into Google:

(I was actually looking for manic-depressive Germans, like Schopenhauer, but got side-tracked by all your negative press.  You lads need a better public relations agent than whoever's doing the job now.  I once had a girlfriend from the Black Forest who was quite a happy little bunny - maybe they brew them differently in the South?)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Maybe they just drink more.

Anyway, according to your search, we are, at least, smart. Personally I still boycott Google. Its results are so negative.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:Personally I still boycott Google. Its results are so negative.
Now we get some humour - only took you all day!  We started this with you abandoning N++ for (what? Vim?), and now you flee from the Googleverse.  How you do operate your computer?  Console prompts and smoke signals?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Nah, I dropped N++ for Sublime Text 2. It is payware, but it is well worth the one-time fee. Also, its icon does not look like the floor of an Irish pub after some Irishman had some overdose there.

Concerning Google: Just like text editors, there is not only 1 search engine. Google has not been the first one and will never be the only one. Google is spammed with SEO. It is hard to find quality search results there. That's why I prefer DuckDuckGo (for now).

But you are (almost) right, I prefer hotkeys to click orgies. That's why I also have an always up-to-date self-compiled GVim build running here; however, ST2 can quite perfectly emulate it.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Hmm... what makes this thing worth $60 (€42)?  I see a nice pretty document overview down the right, but what's she got under her blouse worth paying for?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

It is the only "stable" Textmate clone for Windows, having a clean UI and easy handling, extensible via Python (thus quite infinitely). The minimap is one of its less interesting features, but the "Goto Anything" feature really made me pull the switch. A simple input box which can jump to files, lines, functions, constants, variables, ... wish Vim had that. (Given that, right now, I am not in a mood to write a plug-in for that, although it would be possible as Vim has quite sophisticated find/jump features.)

8)

edit: Things under a blouse usually cost too much, so I don't really like this metaphoric question.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Bloody Gimp is going all Pythonesque as well... one of these days I'll have to look into it closer as a language.  Unfortunately due to my current silly fun with AutoIt I'm somewhat stuck in SciTE (not a particularly willing hostage, either).  I'll give this Sublime thingy a few days, but I really fail to see why it's not somewhat seriously overpriced...

Textmate is Apple isn't it?  Apple things always seem to be designed for people who don't actually want to use computers...

(We didn't even get to clicking the buttons on the blouse, so the metaphor barely got off the ground. :sad:  Apples are always a good start though...)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Textmate is Mac-OS-specific, however, it is not Apple's fault that there is a great text editor limited to their system. - Python code looks always unfinished to me. I need brackets. Visually.

Clicking buttons is not always the right way, sometimes you might want to "plug&play" though.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Mark51

Post by Mark51 »

Yous guys took my thread in an Entirely Different Direction, and made it Thoroughly Amusing!  I was laughing out loud, to tears.  Thanks for the Very humorous read.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I am terribly sorry if you misgot our serious discussion about sexuality as fun.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de