Highlighting files

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

roddy003

Highlighting files

Post by roddy003 »

Is it possible in 2xExplorer to highlight all the files in the folder AND subfolders newer than a certain date and then copy them to another location retaining the tree structure?
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

You can do it using x2.

1. Highlight the parent folder housing the files and folders for copying.
2. Select 'File' from the menu and click on 'Browse flat' or Alt+F, F.
3. Sort the files displayed in the 'scrap container' window by the proper column. Modified, Created, or Accessed. *You may need to enable some columns (you can do so by right-clicking a column header and click on 'Select columns...' or Alt+K.
4. Highlight the files and perform the copy.
5. On an x2 pane, browse to the location where you want the files to be copied and select 'Edit' from the menu, hover over 'Paste special>' and click on 'Structured scrap clips.' (Alt+E, E, S).

That should do it.
roddy003

Post by roddy003 »

What version of 2x are you using? In what I have (Product Build: 1.4.1.12) there are no 'Browse flat' or Alt+F, F. or 'Paste special>' commands :(.
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Highlighting files

Post by zippit »

roddy003 wrote:Is it possible in 2xExplorer to highlight all the files in the folder AND subfolders newer than a certain date and then copy them to another location retaining the tree structure?
Easy in 2x.Use the control key to hilite the ones in ? .
Right click anyone and select copy.
Open the new folder and select paste (not paste link though).
Only 1 folder at a time though.
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
mimeryme
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mimeryme »

roddy003 wrote:What version of 2x are you using? In what I have (Product Build: 1.4.1.12) there are no 'Browse flat' or Alt+F, F. or 'Paste special>' commands :(.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer. I don't think it is possible using 2x, but it is possible using x2 (as in xplorer²) alpha ver .42.
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Highlighting files

Post by zippit »

roddy003 wrote:Is it possible in 2xExplorer to highlight all the files in the folder AND subfolders newer than a certain date and then copy them to another location retaining the tree structure?
roddy003
Why is this necessary ?
:?:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.