2xExplorer and Zip Drives

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Janner

2xExplorer and Zip Drives

Post by Janner »

I seem to have a lot of problems :( with an external zip drive and 2xExplorer. Every time I copy a file, it does the copy but returns a 'Cannot write to target' error. I also have lost several zip disks because it tries to write but can't.... Cancel doesn't Cancel and the zip disk becomes unusable. I have no problems of this type using the regular Windows Explorer.

Any ideas or help :?:

TIA,
Janner
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i always had problems with a zip drive which would take itself in "sleep" mode after ~15 mins and would never come back again until reboot. But that problem was both for 2x and the regular explorer.

coming to your problem, i can't see how it can be 2x's fault. It uses the most standard way to copy files (SHFileOperation) and lets windows do all the work. I suspect a problem with the zip driver you use, please make sure you have all the latest patches installed.

i also suspect that if you transferred files via right-drag (holding down the right mouse button) you could be more sucessful.

Failing all that, a switch to the more robust xplorer2 should solve all your problems since in most aspects it behaves exactly like explorer!