[x2] Drive checking and a visual bug

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Whitman

[x2] Drive checking and a visual bug

Post by Whitman »

Just thought I'd mention an annoyance and a bug I have noticed in v0.0.0.42 of x2. The annoyance is that whenever I load an instance of x2, as the tree pane extends the "My Computer" area, my a: gets checked. This slows down the loading of x2.

The visual bug is with the file panes when viewed in "Detail" mode. Scrolling up and down the pane with the scroll bars shows no problems but scrolling up and down with the mouse wheel shows some drawing issues. When scrolling down, the horizontal seperator lines aren't drawn in proper intervals and so many lines are drawn and are drawn over the text. When scrolling up, the lines are not drawn at all.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the drawing problem is a known issue for XP
there isn't much you can do except for workarounds:
* disable the grid lines from the registry, or
* disable the XP styles by deleting the manifest file
Nick44

Post by Nick44 »

I am using Windows XP Pro with service pack 1 and I've scrolled thru the system 32 folder in windows with my wheel of the mouse and have absolutely no grid distortions, or any problem with the grid whatsoever, it works as smoothly as it does when I scroll using the scroll bar on x2 .

Just thought I would toss that in for what its worth. :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

perhaps they fixed it with SP1; i can't tell since i haven't installed SP1 yet
Whitman

Post by Whitman »

I'm on SP1 and fully up to date from windows update.