More Suggestions

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

davidt

More Suggestions

Post by davidt »

I love editor2--great little piece of software. A few more features and it will become the ultimate notepad replacement. I'd love to see an automatic-saving feature so that when you exit the program, it won't bother you with the "want to save?" message box. I also like the program to open the last used file automatically when the it launches. This feature would be very useful to those who have to edit one big file over and over. Anyway, thank you for awesome software.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: More Suggestions

Post by JRz »

davidt wrote:I also like the program to open the last used file automatically when the it launches. This feature would be very useful to those who have to edit one big file over and over.
If this is such a dedicated task, why don't you make a separate shortcut to Editor2 for opening this frequently opened big file??

Command line in the shortcut would be like this:

Code: Select all

"<full path to your copy of Editor2\Editor2" "full path to your big file"
This is even simpler than your solution, because Ed2 would only open the last file you edited. So if you edited another file than your "big file" last, the "big file" won't get opened, but the one you last edited. Thus leaving you to go and open the "big file" manually.

Which, by the way, is also not such a big deal, because Ed2 remembers the last 4 files edited (default = 4; you can change the value in the registry key of Ed2 to keep more recently opened files on the list) in the 'Recent file' menu item under the 'File' menu, so you can quickly pick the file you want from there.

With regard to editing the registry: great caution has to be observed when editing the registry at all times!

- First quit all copies of Editor2
- go to reg key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\Editor2\Recent Document List]
- edit the value for "DocumentCount" and specify the desired value (16 Decimal is OK)
- quit regedit and restart Editor2

Now your 'Recent file' list will allow for 16 most recently used files :)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn: