Feature Request. Copy on Select.

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Sharkbait

Feature Request. Copy on Select.

Post by Sharkbait »

I was just wondering how much grief it would be to implement copy on select (drag-highlight-auto copy).
This would be the icing on the cake (from my perspective).
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

While that saves just one keystroke (F5), it leaves a lot of uncertainty: Where do you want the selection to be copied? Opposite pane or some other folder ("alternative path")?

Another thing is you select multiple items for various purposes other than copying: For example, you might have selected items to merge them together,or to know the size, or even to move them elsewhere, but x2 would copy them instead! So, this saved keystroke is again wasted because you have to frequently disable this "autocopy" feature.

And don't forget that for x2, even a single item on which you have focused is a "selection"! :shock:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

aren't we talking about the editor here?
anyway, copy-on-select sounds more trouble than worth to me, and after all it just saves a single keystroke!
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Narayan, I think that this post is about Editor². So what is meant here is to be able to copy or move a selected piece of text by dragging using the mouse, in stead of having to use copy and paste operations.

[edit]was typing this post and had to leave for a few minutes. Now see Nikos has already replied with same remark [/edit]
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Oh sorry! I usually start from my "unread posts" page.

This post in Editor area came after such long time that I had almost forgotten that we do have that area! As a result, I took it is for 2x (or x2).

:oops: