Attempting to use Editor2 for BATCH FILE MENUING - Attempting to use Editor2 for BATCH FILE

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

C.M.

Post by C.M. »

Mr Bozinis:

I have been looking for a text editor to use, to make a very simple BATCH FILE MENUING SYSTEM on my office computer and maybe, if it is simple enough, and can be made to cover the black batch Dos screen, to give it to some of the other people in the office.

I figured that the editor, or viewer, needed to have:

1. READ-ONLY capability so that the minues are not accidently destroyed.

2. Ability to call links by SIMPLY CLICKING on them, after simply loading the file.

3. Ability to always pop up MAXIMIZED, so that the Batch file would not be seen behind it.

Is there some simple way to get it to always pop-up maximized, so that it will work better. Beside this, when I use any program, I always try to get it set up to come up maximized. since I am always going to use it that way anyway.

From what I have seen so far, it seems to work great.

You have sure packed a lot into a small package.

Thanks in advance for your time and thanks for a very nice little program.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

???

I'm afraid my editor can't help you in this particular problem. It is merely something you type into without any other capabilities. What you need is some DOS command that offers menuing type capabilities.

The closest you could come with editor2 would be to type the filenames you wanted to start using the file:// protocol (e.g. file://C:\autoexec.bat) which would then be launched if you clicked on them using the URL hilighting capabilities of editor2

that reminds me of the surgeon that operated on an airplane passenger using a clothes hanger as his "instrument" :) Ingenious but only reserved for exceptional circumstances