Need Support? - Support to Editor2 program

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

morodan

Post by morodan »

Hello,
is there a way to have "sessions"? I mean e.g. for editing html I would have some Autotext, for latex some others,...
thanks,
dan
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

sure thing

just use the /S command line option to specify which registry key to use. So you can have /S:latex and /S:html (names don't matter) which will create two separate registry keys (Editor2latex & Editor2html respectively). Then you pretty much have 2 different programs, you can have totally different settings for the two

to use this /S option, just create shortcuts to ed2 on the desktop or wherever and edit the properties, adding the /S option in the Target box (after the EXE name)

TIP: to create clones quickly, use regedit to copy the original registry key, then rename it to whatever you want to use in the /S option
rfz

Post by rfz »

really cool !
are highlighting, shortcuts to compilation ...
feasible ?
if yes I'll say good bye to winedt

(Edited by rfz at 4:41 am on Feb. 28, 2002)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

syntax hilighting is a big beast to tackle, and would defeat the purpose of such a small notepad replacement.

executing externam commands (e.g. compilers, browsers etc) on the edited file on the other way is something i'll add at some point
rfz

Post by rfz »

is it possible (or could it be added) to have different editing modes (linux, windows, mac) ?
I know 2xEditor opens as well linux text files as windows text files. But when I edit a linux text file, every carriage return I put is in windows convention (CR LF)

I suggest two things
- something to say in which mode we are (and to change it)
- a detection of the mode when the file is opened (I'm not sure this point is a good idea but it seams to be already implemented)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you need to switch to editor2, which properly recognizes Unix text files (as well as windows and unicode) and can convert to a different mode, too
rfz

Post by rfz »

Cool !!!

could you put an icon in the toolbar to indicate current mode and to switch with a click in it ?

could I open a file and save it in unix mode (LF) all in a single command line, I would like to batch convert some files? could I revert the conversion with another batch ?

more globally, what about command line parameters in editor² ?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the current mode is displayed in the last pane of the status bar:
<b>UC</b> - Unicode text
<b>LF</b> - Unix text (LF only at the EOL)

otherwise it's normal windows text

ed2 figures the appropriate mode automatically when loading the file. To convert into a different one, just use the combo box at the bottom of the <i>Save As</i> box

There's no command line argument for conversion, but there are other options you can use, check out <b>editor2.txt</b>. Ed2 cannot really do batch conversion, since it relies on the window for that.

If you need a batch converter from DOS->Unix text there are tons about (pure command line tools). I can send you one if necessary!