Search & Replace in Editor2

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

Quite often I (and others too I figure) use the S&P to delete some characters by leaving the replace box empty.

Is it a limitation of the RichEdit controls that it doesn't remember the "empty field" for the next procedure as it does when there's something in it? If not I'd like it better to remember the last replace correctly, (the "empty" one that is).

BTW, I don't recall any more. Did you intend to add regular expressions later? If Editor2 had that I hardly would need to switch to other editors anymore.

BRX
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

> Is it a limitation of the RichEdit controls

no, that's how i designed it to be. It takes the first item from the history list. I understand this is inconveniencing for what you're trying to do

> Did you intend to add regular expressions later

yes i did, till narayan convinced me to look into the OCB feature (BTW did you check the "root" of the forum @ old hands ? )

i found a couple of candidate servers for regular expressions already, but as you'd expect from the universal law of the sod :) none has everything combined. I'm looking for a complete solution including replace/boolean etc. Having a way to search for special characters would be nice too (can you do that in normal REs -- i mean search for characters using their binary code? )
BRX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BRX »

(BTW did you check the "root" of the forum @ old hands ? )
Not yet, but will do. I didn't notice because I usually have set my Website-Watcher directly on the 3 main forums to detect new posts.

I wondered about being promoted to bronze and old hand though. :-)

Just to be sure
no, that's how i designed it to be. It takes the first item from the history list. I understand this is inconveniencing for what you're trying to do
means you're going to leave it this way or do consider to add the "empty replace" to the history list too?

BRX
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

can i do otherwise? :)