Window Focus on Subsequent Open Windows

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Medlir

Window Focus on Subsequent Open Windows

Post by Medlir »

I have text files associated with Editor^2, so when I double click on a file in x2 to open a txt file, it opens a window and everything is well.

But I think it was when you started using the multithreaded SDI interface where one process handles all open Editor2 windows that this came in (though I could be wrong, it's been a while, and it's taken me this long to get around to actually figuring out where the cause was)...

If you open one window, it opens in the foreground with focus, then switch back to x2, and open a second text document in Editor2, the second window opens in the background without focus where the first window currently resides instead of in the foreground with focus like you'd expect.

Meaning of course, that if I have any Editor2 window open, any future text files I open, end up opening in the background and then have to be switched to manually to view.

Any chance that on new window creation you can make sure the new window gets set as the foreground window and given focus?
moof!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you access ed2 through x2's F3/F4 commands then you won't have this problem.

The other option is to use the /P command line option (e.g. where you have the editor associated with text files) so each window opens with its own process