drag and drop in editor 2

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Let's get to the bottom of this one. It seems to me there is some miscommunication (due to the fact that we can;t see what actions are performed to get the drag&drop to work (or not :) )

I noticed that d&d 'doesn't work' when you try to drag text and the cursor is moving over the selected text in Editor² (windows XP SP2)

But when the cursor is somewhere outside the selection I can always d&d (including using Ctrl to modify behaviour to copy in stead of move)

What exactly are you people doing when trying to d&d text in Ed²? Do you see the cursor when you try to drop text in another place or not? Is the mouse pointer changing shape when trying to drag (with and without holding Ctrl depressed) or not?
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
alonzo

Post by alonzo »

good morning

when I try to d&d a selected text to another place with the mouse, the shape of the cursor changes into a vertical bar (as well as when you write something) instead of a little square shape (when you d&d a text).
so you can't d&d the text.
I hope these explanations will help you
thanks for trying to help us
I made a little avi movie of my screen doing d&d in editor2 but I don't know how to show you

regards

[/img][/list]
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

I too used to get the same effect, as if Editor2 has not recognized the D&D operation. (The mouse pointer did not change to the "left-tilted arrow+box" shape: it retained its "vertical line" shape)

I ruled out other possibilities: Editor2 was in Edit mode. Besides, I was able to do the other editing operations.

Under the same circumstances, I was able to d&d in case of my NT4 PC: The problem was there only in a PC running on Windows XP. But Editor2 has started working fine without any changes in any settings on my XP (SP-1) PC.

So I should also report this as an one-time/intermittent problem.