Problems renaming files

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Juan.mac2

Problems renaming files

Post by Juan.mac2 »

I am using filenames with international characters, lowercase acented a is a tipical character in Spanish, my files are ArtLeyCPPág01de15, ArtLeyCPPág02de15 and so on ArtLeyPág15de15, all type htm. when I intent to edit the rename batch, in the edit program appear all the characters except the á, I was looking at for the reason, and is very simple: code for á in Ansi is a blank character, and when I intent to send it, it fail, DOS á is xA0 and Ansi xA0 is blank.

Your program is super, but I think that Edit need a characteristic that could allow it to be a better editor: script batch, you could do a little exam to InfoRapid free batch, with the capability of edit batch secuences.

I worked for 17 years at Hewlett-Packard, my final work was with localization team, the best program to translate is CompareIt, you could download it from internet, it has all the translation in a file where you have the english and international translation, this is very useful in some case because if it is not possible to understand it in the local language, it is possible to go to the english version, another reason is that it is possible using the same program CompareIt translate only the new lines versions.

Best Regards

Juan Macedo
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i'm not sure what package you are using but if you install the professional version and you are in some sort of NTbased platform you'll get unicode versions of everything which should spare you of all such problems