Adjusting default Search settings

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

ScottWall
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Adjusting default Search settings

Post by ScottWall »

When I use editor² to quick edit a file from a scrap window from the omni-finder, it would be nice if the search options (match case, whole words, ...) were passed into editor²  somehow.

I frequently use case sensitive searches and always get messed up when the first word found has a different case than what was searched for in xplorer².  The case of the text in the search dialog changes to that of the newly found text which forces me to retype the entire search phrase with the correct case as well as clicking the match case option. Alternatively, I can exit the file, re-edit it and then select match case before searching. I'm not fond of either of these options.

Another approach, although inferior to passing in the search options, would be to allow the default search options to be configurable.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Due to issues on the board last night, nikos' reply was lost, as was ScottWall's response.
  • { My recollection is that nikos pointed out that search results within the QuickViewer are always case-insensitive, but that Editor² should actually pick up the way the search was last specified in x2.

... and that ScottWall looked again and responded that it does, indeed! }