Request: Make "Save As This..." command.

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Request: Make "Save As This..." command.

Post by kunkel321 »

Hi, I find that I frequently make little TXT files to hold bits of info.  Passwords, URLs, etc, etc.  Most of the time, the text of the file actually contains the string that I want to use as the name of the file.  I'll then click-n-drag the section and Ctrl+C to copy it, then go to Save As and for the name, put Ctrl+V, then ".txt" to name it.   For example, if I selected "contains the string" from the paragraph above, then my ending text file would be "C:\Some Folder\contains the string.txt."  

Request:  It would be great if there was a toolbar button that did all of this for me...  For the example above, I would select the text, then click the "Save As This" command.   The "Save As" dialog would still open, but the file name would be defaulted to the highlighted text....

Does that make sense?  Thanks for considering this :)  -steve
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

perhaps some autoit script could help you there
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Completely unhelpful, totally off-topic, and otherwise frivolous, but kunkel321 what happened to your avatar?  You seem to be all respectable now - like a real person or something.  Just the other day you were sporting your usual "bemused yet hungover" look, and now you're wearing a bloody suit.  Have you crossed over to the dark side?  :wink:
kunkel321
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kunkel321 »

nikos wrote:perhaps some autoit script could help you there
What's that you say??  You want to make Ed2 and Xp2 both fully scriptable, using AutoHotkey as the scripting engine??  I think that's a great idea!!!!!    :lol:

Actually I have been trying to self-teach myself AHK... Is slow-going for a non-programmer like me.  Might have to toy around with this though.  :wink:

Kilmatead wrote:...what happened to your avatar?  ... :wink:
:lol: I'm "The man of 1000 faces."  (Think 1970s/80s KISS song)

OPTIONAL: As I was typing the above, I had the typo "man of 1000 feces," which wouldv'e also been pretty funny!    :D
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

kunkel321 wrote:Think 1970s/80s KISS song
Gene Simmons did his best work in that "Third Watch" telly series.  Makes a good bad guy.

(Now you're just having us on with the ninja thing; I'm savvy to your game.  :wink:)