how to subscribe to forums or topics

You must be registered to post. >>> For problems registering and/or activating: use the contact form in ZABKAT (.COM) website >>> New Registrants: Your account will be deleted unless you activate it by replying to the confirmation e-mail we sent you. If you do not see it soon after registering PLEASE check your Junk Mail or Spam Mailbox for it. Thanks.

Moderators: fgagnon, Site Mods

FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

how to subscribe to forums or topics

Post by FrizzleFry »

Is subscribing or bookmarking forums and topics disabled on this board?

The FAQ says to use the subscribe to forum link or the topic tools to subscribe but I do not see either.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: how to subscribe to forums or topics

Post by Kilmatead »

Works fine for me... the link for specific forum subscribing is just a checkbox at the very bottom of the initial page...

...to subscribe to individual threads (in forums to which you have not generally subscribed), that is in the dropdown-option-box next to the "Post Reply" button:

Note that if you subscribe to a whole forum you get messages for any and all old/new threads/posts within it, which can get kind of spammy if it proves popular (or Tuxman and I start a tête-à-tête) for whatever reason...
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Ahh, I was being stupid... I was trying to subscribe to 'xplorer² / 2X Explorer Products' and did not check the subforums. Thanks.

I'll try this for a while. I recently started using subscriptions on other forums and I'm liking it so I figured I would try it on here.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

FrizzleFry wrote: 2017 Apr 27, 22:55I'll try this for a while.
It can be rather entertaining when a spam-bot gets in overnight and resurrects 10 old threads (thus sending you 10 useless emails), but the actual new posts themselves may have been deleted by morning (by an attentive moderator), so you end up with 10 emails linking to helium-molecules in deep space. :D