Modified stock column is one hour behind Date Modified etc

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jimspoon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Modified stock column is one hour behind Date Modified etc

Post by jimspoon »

I noticed that the Modified stock column is one hour behind the Date Modified column, at least for the files I'm presently looking at. The Created stock column is one hour behind the Date Created column for the same files. These files were originally named based on their timestamp, and in this case the file name matches the Date Modified column, not the Modified (stock) column. Now I'm looking at files created/modified during the "standard time" time of year, and in these files (at least the ones I'm looking at), the Modified stock column matches the Date Modified column. So it may be that the Date Modified column is adjusting the time for files created during Daylight Savings time to match Daylight Savings Time, but the Modified stock column is displaying files created in Daylight Savings Time with a time that is one hour earlier (the time it would have been if Daylight Savings time had not been effect.) Maybe because right now, the time I am looking at the list of files, is now Standard Time, i.e. Daylight Savings time is not in effect.

Sorry I was unable to search the forum on this topic before posting - my access to the forum is especially slow at the moment.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modified stock column is one hour behind Date Modified etc

Post by nikos »

many years ago MS decided to report differently file dates that are very old (at least 6 months old) and belong to a different summer/winter time zone. It is an insignificant reporting issue. If you use one set of dates (preferably xplorer2 stock columns) you are blissfully unaware of the issue
jlrjlr

Post by jlrjlr »

Hello

Glad to know that the Stock column date should NOT be affected by the 1h subtraction made by Windows in countries with Daylight Saving Time. I was looking for this.

I did a test that produced a mixed result.
2 files one in summer other in winter both with date taken hour 1:2:0 (exiftool display)

======== IMG_5183.JPG
[ExifIFD] DateTimeOriginal : 1951:11:01 01:02:00 Winter
======== IMG_5180.jpg
[ExifIFD] DateTimeOriginal : 1948:07:01 01:02:00 Summer

Display in explorer column "Date de l'image" that is a "S" column
Nom Date de l'image
IMG_5183.jpg : 01/11/1951 01:02:00 Winter
IMG_5180.jpg : 01/07/1948 00:02:00 Summer = minus 1h

BUT the "tooltip" on summer file displays the expected 01:02:00

I am using the "detail pane" that displays ( id="s_33") Date de l'image: 01/07/1948 00:02:00

Currently I am running X2 5.0.0.1 ULT x64 13/03/2021 on Win10

Thanks for any advice to get the date as in tooltip every where.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the date on the tooltip comes from windows so it is in "explorer" format, not xplorer2
jlrjlr

Post by jlrjlr »

Interesting.
I check Windows File explorer : dates are correct !
Is it possible in X2 to choose the Non Stock version of this date ?