xplorer2 v2.3 final

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Conceptual limitation me arse... :wink:

You were bright enough to disable the dropdown search control selection in regular scraps - if it's too much of a stretch to equally render an accelerator moot - well, this sort of thing might be more your style...

Wiebe Cnossen

Filter-as-you-type requires extra key stroke

Post by Wiebe Cnossen »

I used to simply type in a pane and press enter when I reached the file/folder I wanted. This doesn't work anymore, I must now press space first to select the item and only then enter works. In general, this is a pity. At the moment, it is rather annoying as I press enter automatically...
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Wiebe Cnossen wrote:This doesn't work anymore...
Tools -> Advanced Options -> Layout Settings -> Incremental Search Auto-Filter

Set it to 0 to restore the "old" behaviour.  See this for more details.
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

If I set this new filter to search, the thing adds a rule into my Ctrl-F window from then on. I don't think this is a behavior I'd like to have for the otherwise possibly useful feature.
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i fixed this today, about the rule thingy
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

:shock:  Missed that one - I think I did see it once in the beta but never made the connection, so thought no more of it.  Which brings us back to the question of how many people actually download a beta - Nikos, did you ever sort through those statistics?  (If you didn't make me argue so much just to get the obvious stuff taken care of, we'd probably catch more of this kind of thing in the long run. :wink:)
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

I actually missed the beta, sorry. :)
This whole Kenny thing with debug asserts drives me nuts. I'd like to have something that I could replace my regular x2 in daily activities and defer to Kenny only when I hit some bug to provide more data (bundle Kenny with beta package).
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

wasker wrote:I actually missed the beta, sorry.
All evidence to the contrary?  Who asked those questions I used for the FAQ in the second post of this very thread?  :wink:

I take it when the butler stabbed the lord in the library with the kitchen knife, you were out of town then too, yeah?  I want you on my legal team. :D
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

LOL. I didn't RUN it, I just read about features.

Although, I guess, anything I say could and would be used against me. :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

wasker wrote:I didn't RUN it, I just read about features.
Ah, the old I never inhaled defence is it now?  Never fails, that one. :D
redwards

Turned off the Filter Box but still showing in Scrap Window

Post by redwards »

I turned off the Filter
- - - - - -
* Use the advanced registry settings editor (Layout settings > Main frame) to choose the relative size (percent) of the filter box in the addressbar. Set to 0 if you don't want the filter box.
- - - - - -
But it is still showing in the scrap window
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Confirmed.  Jesus, Nikos, was it all just a dream?
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Kilmatead wrote:
wasker wrote:I didn't RUN it, I just read about features.
Ah, the old I never inhaled defence is it now?  Never fails, that one. :D
Yeah. And that wasn't me, that was a person that looks like me anyway. :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turned off the Filter Box but still showing in Scrap Win

Post by nikos »

redwards wrote:I turned off the Filter
But it is still showing in the scrap window
for the scrap you must do the registry editing yourself, see registry.txt in the installation folder for instructions. You need this key

HKCU\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\ScrapFrame Settings\Toolbars\0_60160\nFilterBox100
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

What Nikos actually meant to say was that you need to create nFilterBox100 as a REG_DWORD (in the above location) and give it a value of 0.  And ignore what he said about Registry.txt as there is no information in that pertinent to nFilterBox100 nor indeed any end of that registry key.

Simply creating the above value will remove the bar, as illogical as that sounds.

One day Nikos may actually realise that clarity is rather useful in the real world (where people shouldn't have to do this kind of nonsense just to kill a toolbar. :roll:)

And, conversely, if you wish to re-enable the filterbar at a later date (for scrap panes), you must then delete the above value.  Once again, logic and Nikos do not good bedfellows make. :shrug:

This will, obviously, be fixed in a future update, so consider it merely a workaround for the moment.