blog: version 2.3 released

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Kilmatead wrote:I lost all respect for boardrooms soon after, and stopped caring what they decided since it had nothing to do with life
Wrong, Those idiots in boardrooms do decide what happens in life, it's their psychopathy spiced with stupidity and GREED which determines the well being of joe soap, unless of course one is far removed from society, i.e. living in a cave completely self sufficient. Commodities are controlled by GREEDY psychopaths.

on topic.
X2 is a great program :-))
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Well, ok, true - they do decide what happens within a limited sphere of influence pertaining to the societies they populate.  What I meant was that they had nothing to do with my life, nor the way I conceived of life (for right or wrong, at that selfish age) - and I found great consolation in the idea that they could not go back and forth in time as freely I could.  Their forward-only perspective formed a sort of natural barrier-reef to what I saw as the world - as one really can't be certain of one's continued existence any more than about 12-seconds ahead (airplanes falling on your head, brain-clots bursting, suicide, miscellaneous serial-killers moving in next door and inviting you to dinner) - the future (their future) is a transient thing.

And true, having an affinity for caves has helped in this respect - and I accept that I have gone out of my way to avoid the "responsibilities" most people (should you ask them) would consider obligatory and unavoidable in this world - sometimes, more often than not, to my detriment - but it is always a matter of choice.  As long as I can mentally track the boundaries of their "limited spheres of influence", they are powerless.  Should I lose track of that...

...well, I never said there weren't any monsters under the bed. :wink:
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

When did the command line bar start trapping you when you ran a command? Is that a new "feature" of 2.3x? I find it annoying.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what do you mean trapping?
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

yeah, sorry, that was kinda vague...

when you press F10 and run a command the focus stays in the command line bar... you have to press tab tab (a few times) or escape to return to the file pane...

I'm not running many commands this way now (I guess) because I had not noticed this before but I do not remember having to escape the command line bar after running stuff.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the first tab goes in the filter box (sometimes). To get out quickly press ESC
Dannya

Post by Dannya »

The upgrade link for 2.3, upon install it said it was an evaluation version ("Evaluation Setup Wizard").  I cancelled the upgrade as I want to be sure that is correct for upgrade.  Thanks.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

There is no separate evaluation version from the full version.  It is nikos' peculiar logic to confusingly have x2 always declare that it is an evaluation  product upon installation.  :shrug:
see, for example, this thread.
Dannya

Post by Dannya »

Given how vital xplorer2 is to me, and how customized I've made it, it was vital I not mess up.  Thank you for the clarification; I appreciate it.