PDF with foxit

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

PDF with foxit

Post by nikos »

is anyone using the foxit plugin for PDF handing in xplorer2? I hear that now you cannot even rename PDFs with it -- xplorer2 crashes!?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Didn't know there was a Foxit plugin for x2 (or win explorer).
But ... I'm running Foxit PhantomPDF v5.5.6.218 Business Edition which is my default PDF viewer (& editor).  I do not have any Adobe PDF products installed on this w7 machine. I have no problem renaming any pdf in x2 unless the pdf is open (including in QuickViewer native tab). In which case I get the standard "File in use" notification box.  
No freeze, no crash.  :shrug:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I assume he's referring to the Foxit iFilters-plugin for searching (which apparently Foxit are now charging for - even for Home Desktop users - $17, whatever that is in real money).  I had to register just to get a free trial of the x64 version to test it, but they seem to work fine with x2 - no crashing, explosions, or hen parties falling about the place. :shrug:

And you can rename PDF's, even when they're in the quick-view, so Fred's just chasing Phantoms, apparently.

Perhaps (since the Foxit iFilters aren't free anymore) your complaining party has been less than honest about what type of install they are using and where they acquired it?   (Just a guess.)

Now, back to PDF-XChange thank you very much... :wink: