F6 in 2.3.0.1 ULT [Unicode] x64 conflict resolution

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

F6 in 2.3.0.1 ULT [Unicode] x64 conflict resolution

Post by wasker »

Suddenly my copy of 2.3.0.1 ULT [Unicode] x64 shows standard Windows conflict resolution dialog if I'm moving the file to the folder where another file with the same name exists (same drive, if it matters). F5 does the proper robust copy's conflict resolution. Intended or my settings are off?
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

confirmed...
[F6] move *should* use the same settings as [F5]
but throws the windows conflict notice :-(

Option settings are:
"Overwrite if newer, else skip"
underneath
"Silent operation; no confirmations or error reports"

-- x2 Ultimate v 2.3.0.1 [x64] running on win7 --
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Interestingly, 2.2.0.0 (the oldest version I have available to test) behaves the same, so either we're all blind and no one noticed... or... :shrug:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

how many times have I stressed that F6 is robust only when you move to a different drive? Otherwise it does a quick windows move without options
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As if we're to be expected to remember that sort of minutia!  I suppose it could be considered a compliment if consistency really is the hobgoblin of small minds, but gee-wiz dude, sometimes it seems like you scribbled your flowcharts on the back of way too many soggy cocktail napkins. Image
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

nikos wrote:how many times have I stressed that F6 is robust only when you move to a different drive? Otherwise it does a quick windows move without options
That at least explains why I don't see this regularly - I usually move between drives. :)
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!