beta version 2307

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: beta version 2307

Post by nikos »

thanks wperkins99 now I see there's no general problem with office 2010 and i can clear this from the bug list

I will do something about the rename field for the next beta
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

wperkins99 wrote: - Did it with the Preview pane "docked" (like it always has been), and in "Native" mode. UP&DOWN Arrows selected next file and displayed it in the Preview pane.
- Did it with the new-fangled "autohide" feature engaged. All I did was move the mouse over the Preview "tab" until it "unhid" and displayed the Word file (no "clicking" involved). UP&DOWN Arrows did nothing - no file highlight movement.
I can confirm this. Tested it with a word file that was autohided and move the mouse over the tab. Very annoying indeed.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

nikos wrote:thanks wperkins99 now I see there's no general problem with office 2010 and i can clear this from the bug list

I will do something about the rename field for the next beta
Sorry, but to me wperkins99 confirmed that there is a problem with office2010 files. So do not clear it. :( And I had the same problem too.
But it is not Office files only. All files.

If I select a file and do a mouse over on the preview button (autohided preview tab) and I wait some seconds to open the autohide, the focus has been lost, and I cannot change files anymore using the up and down button. :shock:

Or did I missed something in this discussion.
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the bug report was about the preview in the old docked mode. The new autohide mode, when enabled, it eats the focus by design -- as you are moving your mouse on it. Does it work for you in docked mode? that's the question

to return the focus to xplorer2 press TAB or ESC, one of these should work
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

nikos wrote:the bug report was about the preview in the old docked mode. The new autohide mode, when enabled, it eats the focus by design -- as you are moving your mouse on it. Does it work for you in docked mode? that's the question

to return the focus to xplorer2 press TAB or ESC, one of these should work
It does work in docked mode in version 2.3.0.9 (64 bits).

In my opinion, the design is wrong. I'm moving my mouse over it, but I don't click, so no reason to give it the focus. This is normal in the X-Window environment where this is an option, but not expected in Windows.
If I move the mouse over the button, so that the window unhide, I would expect that I can use the cursor keys to go through the files. When I'm not interested anymore in the preview, I move the mouse away.

I had some problems with my license file in 2.3.0.9, something about an using the ultimate key for the not ultimate version. So I thought, to reproduce this by donwloading it again, maybe I was in error, installing it again and check. But now it works without problems. But on the other hand, it is now version 2.3.0.10. Was there an issue with the license check?
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there shouldn't be any problems with the license for the latest v230.10 -- there was a mixup with 2309 x64