Overwide frame at the left

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Overwide frame at the left

Post by Ross »

Yes I just got it again! But not at the launch time. I was using a split screen, 50-50%. I was reading something on the left and had my desktop on the right. Then I launched x2, and it naturally was all narrow in the three panes. Then, when I manually dragged the divider to collapse the reader on the left, x2 had the tree pane overwide.
As I wrote this, I closed x2 and relaunched. It was just like it was prior to closing - wide tree pane. It means we can't rely on saving the settings manually after resizing to the size we want: the Windows 8.1 screen dynamics will, until now, disarrange x2's frames' widths.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I'm on the road as we speak but when I get back to base I will try to reproduce some of that
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

Take your time :)
I'm now almost 100% sure it has something to do with Windows 8 and 8.1 metro-apps docking.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I don't think there's a problem with xplorer2 in this particular scenario, so the hunt is still on for the "enlarging tree"
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

Ok, would you like me to test something?
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

Sorry for the several-months bump but it got a relevant follow-up question:
The problem is still alive, and now I'm rollbacked to Windows 7. Many times when I launch x2 I see the disproportional column spacing. So I manually corrected with mousedrags on the frames and saved the layout. When I go to window -> mylayout, it fits fine. So I'd like to create a keyboard shortcut for it. I understand I could hit the 'organise' button in the very same window menu, but then I'll only have the Ctrl/Alt/Shift+Numbers combinations. The Ctrl+optional Shift+numbers are all already taken by folder bookmarks. Why can't I find my custom layout at the "keyboard" section under "Customize"?

Thanks!

edit: forgot to mention that, when I hit the keyboard shortcut to deploy the layout, x2 opens an unwanted new window. Can't it be in the same window?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i can't say i have any news for you, the mystery is still going. As for the layout, if you want to close the old window there is an option in TOOLS > OPTIONS menu, advanced page
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

Thanks anyway Nikos.
What about being able to assign a regular keyboard shortcut to the layout instead of only a number with Ctrl+Alt+Shift? :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Ross wrote:What about being able to assign a regular keyboard shortcut to the layout instead of only a number with Ctrl+Alt+Shift?
We've been asking for this ability to be extended not just to layouts, but to user-commands, folder-groups, bookmarks, etc, - for what seems like an eternity of tears and dying cherry-blossoms.

Welcome to the long suffering purgatorial queue. :D
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

Comforts to know I'm not alone in this boat :D
Ross
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ross »

A relevant bump:
I'm back on Windows 8.1. This still happens. I think it is related to lauching metro apps.