Change pane, keep colour coding

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Telemacus

Change pane, keep colour coding

Post by Telemacus »

I'm aware that Nikos has a preference for this, but isn't there a way for the color coding to appear on both panes? at present, when you click on a file or directory on one of the panes, the color coding disappears from the other, as you all know.
Why keep them? mainly for practical reasons: for example, when comparing content between 2 directories, etc.
I understand that it makes sense to highlight the active pane to make it easier for the user to know which is the active pane, but isn't there a better solution for this? like adding a layer of grey over the inactive pane, or let the user toggle whether he wants the inactive pane to dim or not, or other ideas perhaps?
It just feels "counter-intuitive" (like not being able to delete files using the Del key from a scrap folder!) :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Change pane, keep colour coding

Post by Kilmatead »

Telemacus wrote:...the color coding disappears from the other, as you all know...
Well, we don't all know... some of us use Tools -> Advanced Options -> (Global Tab) Filename Colour Coding Applied even on Inactive Panes. :D
Telemacus wrote:I understand that it makes sense to highlight the active pane to make it easier for the user to know which is the active pane, but isn't there a better solution for this?
Tools -> Options -> (Window Tab) Inactive Background (next to the main font button at the bottom). Seek and ye may find. :wink:
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Oh my god!! that's new!! you couldn't do that before, I swear!! :P
I installed the latest version and thought everything was the same! :)

Thanks for that Killmatead! :)

Thanks Nikos! ;)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Telemacus wrote:Oh my god!! that's new!! you couldn't do that before, I swear!!
Just so you can save face in public, we won't mention that option was added in version 1.7.1.0 (14 February 2008).

That's 2008.

Which was 5 years ago.

Unless you are in a separate time-vortex which could account for your missing it. :D In which case, you have a lot of explaining to do to your family about all those Christmas presents that never arrived.
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Kilmatead wrote:Just so you can save face in public, we won't mention that option was added in version 1.7.1.0 (14 February 2008).
:lol: Actually, I can save face:

Code: Select all

Sent: [b]07 January 2008[/b] 23:34
To: Nikos Bozinis
Subject: Notification of Payment Received
(the above has NOT been edited, I just checked it on my gmail account and Nikos can confirm it if needed.).

That's when I first registered Xplorer2. ;)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Whilst the development schedule for x2 is somewhat glacial compared to your run-of-the-mill Firefox extension, Help -> Check for Updates is intended to be used slightly more often than twice a decade. :D

Use Help -> What's New to put you to sleep reading about all the other weird things Nikos' dementia has added since "Snow fell in Baghdad for the first time in a century." (January 11th, 2008)