zabkat.com down from slovakia

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

zabkat.com down from slovakia

Post by nikos »

I cannot access my own website from where I am. It must be working from other places though. Can you please try to access
www.zabkat.com
and tell me if it works for you and where is your location?
thanks
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: zabkat.com down from slovakia

Post by FrizzleFry »

working fine from the US (Florida)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I use www.isup.me for website status.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I tried that, and I know that it works from other places but the question is where does it not work?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

GeoTool shows it being hosted in Germany (at least for me), so Ivan Gašparovič's dog probably wee'd on Chancellor Angie's leg when they were in Davos and she hasn't forgiven him yet. :shrug:
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Ooh, the control freak in me likes that http://upordownsite.com/ thing - but it does seem flaky - one minute it tells me Berlin, Virginia and Tokyo are down, the next minute it's something else.

Isn't this how alien invasions always start in films, conflicting reports from the hinterlands?
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Here is from http://upordownsite.com/:
How does the Up or Down Site work?
On submitting a domain name, our servers will ping the domain and wait for a reply. After the check is completed, we'll be able to tell you whether or not our servers received a timely response for the sent pings. Every time you check a domain, we'll ping it three times: the first ping will be sent from our main server in Central Europe while the other two pings will be sent from different servers chosen at random locations. Our testing servers are well distributed across the globe and they are located in America, Asia and Europe. We'll also calculate the latency of each ping. Latency measures the round-trip time of internet packets from our servers to the server where the domain being checked is hosted. High latency values mean a slower response time, while low latency values indicate a faster response time.

I get high latency values from some of your servers
If your site runs on a single server this is perfectly normal. Because of the internet architecture, you should be expecting a lower latency from testing servers that are geographically nearer to the server where the queried domain is being hosted. As an example, if your site is hosted on a server located in Japan, on average, you should expect lower latency values from our Tokyo testing center and higher latency values from our other testing servers located in different Continents. Mainly, this depends on the number of hops internet packets must pass trough before completing a round-trip from the testing server to the queried server. The higher the number, the higher the delay for internet packets to complete a round-trip. On the contrary, if your web site is hosted on multiple servers distributed across the globe, you should be expecting similar latency values from each of our testing servers. If your site is hosted on a cloud environment, our up-time checking service can give you information on how well your cloud host is performing.

I am puzzled... I am getting mixed results!
Getting mixed results usually means that your server is online but it's too busy to carry on with all incoming requests. When a server starts running low on resources, it cannot process all new incoming requests and ping tests start failing. Such condition usually badly reflects on site usability, with most users experiencing high download times or being unable to connect to the site at all. 95 times out of 100, the problem has to do with your server running out of RAM or CPU power. If you have control over your server, restart it and start troubleshooting to understand which processes are responsible for exhausting your server resources. Otherwise, contact your server administrator to see how the problem can be solved.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that's totally unreliable, it even found google.com down
good idea, they need to work on it a bit :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Every time you check a domain, we'll ping it three times: the first ping will be sent from our main server in Central Europe while the other two pings will be sent from different servers chosen at random locations.
Ah, that explains it. Suppose it's asking too much to have a whole geosynchronous network dedicated to just me typing in an address. :cry:

I like my alien invasion theory better. Tell you what, when those aliens invade your neck of the woods, you can wait for their servers to ping your servers, but me, I got me a shotgun and I'm aimin' to keep me and mine safe from them evil extraterrestrial types. In Ireland, we protect both our pigs and our women (in that order) with equal fervour.

RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Working OK in Sydney, AU

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

thanks, its back in here too, after a 24 hour blackout, damn cloud hosting :mad:
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

nikos wrote:thanks, its back in here too, after a 24 hour blackout, damn cloud hosting :mad:
Blame global warming, climate change or just the weather

Maybe Manual Barbarossa, Oily Wren and Kneely Crows has been seeding clouds over SVK because it ain't paid its union dues :roll:

rp
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21