Control Panel in 2.5.0.0 Oddness

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

otlaolap
Silver Member
Silver Member

Control Panel in 2.5.0.0 Oddness

Post by otlaolap »

Since I see in another post that you are actively working on a quick update to 2.5.0.0
nikos wrote:I am fixing several things as we speak, let's try this again after version 2501 is released
here are two things that don't work as expected for me.

If I navigate upwards from a hard-disk root, I get to Computer, which shows my hard drives. If I navigate upwards again, I get to Desktop, which shows Computer, Control Panel, Libraries, Network, Randy, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel. If I click the second copy of Control Panel, I am kicked out into Windows Explorer showing the Control Panel. The remarks below apply to what happens when I click the first copy of Control Panel.

First, if I click All Control Panel Items, and ask for things to be sorted by name, they aren't. Instead, I get two separately sorted A-to-Z sections, one after the other. Color Management, Folder Management, and Java, for example, are among 20 alphabetized items that appear following Windows Update (and 29 other preceding alphabetized items). Second, most of the control panel items show absolutely nothing when I click on them. Personalization, Power Options, and System are examples. All of the items in the second alphabetized section do seem to work, but most in the first alphabetized section to not. Xplorer2 (pro here) is not installed in window-replacement mode and the extended option to bypass troublesome control panel items is not turned on (if it is turned on then when I click Control Panel itself I am thrown out of Xplorer2).

This is just info for you; I don't usually navigate to the control panel but just did for curiosity.

(But if you would fix the filter box so that it would accept backspaces gracefully when typos are made (http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10232) that would make my life easier and more pleasant.)