x2 runs on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

x2 runs on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Post by fgagnon »

Yesterday I succumbed to the lure of Windows 10 (the soon-to-be successor to Windows 8.1)
Win10 is far from a finished product, but the pre-release build (9841) that MS is sharing for comments is quite comfortable for this win7 user. Although notably different from win7, I find that xplorer2 plays quite well on it -- at least for the features that I have used so far. (Ultimate x64 v2.5.0.4 and Lite v2.5.0.3)

For folks who want to give the win10 preview a try, see:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ome_client
Despite the name on that page, joining the evaluation is hardly an "insider program"; but it's a nice way to get a "heads up" for what's coming in win10 as well as an avenue for telling Microsoft what's wrong (or right) about the program and testing how well x2 and/or your other software will play on the next Microsoft OS.

And note that because this is VERY pre-release (think alpha-class code status), it should only be installed on a non-critical PC. (I put it on a 6-year old laptop that I hardly use anymore.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: x2 runs on Windows 10 Technical Preview

Post by nikos »

thanks for the test
I have my eye on this and once these releases get more closer to the final product I will start extensive testing for compatibility