Send to Scrap bug

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

richardk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Send to Scrap bug

Post by richardk »

The Send to Scrap function is behaving erratically and not as the manual says it does.

When I have a scrap container open and already in use, ctrl-s sometimes sends a file to that container but sometimes opens a new container and sends it to that. This is in contradiction to the manual:

"If a scrap container is already open, the selected items will be sent to
its active pane.
If a scrap container is not open, x2
opens a new scrap container and
places the selected items in its active pane."

I have been unable to figure out any pattern to the behavior.
v 2.5.0.4
Win 8.1
Xplorer2 user since at least 2005
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Send to Scrap bug

Post by nikos »

when the miniscrap pane is on it accepts ctrl+S items, if it isn't then they go to a separate window
richardk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by richardk »

That's not my problem at all. What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the miniscrap pane. No miniscrap is open or has any involvement in what I'm seeing.

Let me know if I'm not explaining it clearly. The problem is that when a scrap pane is already open, ctrl-S opens up a brand new scrap pane and sends the selected files to that and not to the already-open and therefore last-used scrap pane.

None of what I'm talking about is mini-scrap. These are all normal, free-standing scrap panes.
v 2.5.0.4
Win 8.1
Xplorer2 user since at least 2005
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the only way this can happen is if you open more than one "main" xplorer2 (multiple threads with CTRL+N), then each one will send items to a different scrap window
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I get the behavior nikos describes: ctrl+s adds selection to an existing open scrap pane. And if I have multiple scrap panes open, ctrl+s adds the selection to the scrap pane which is nearest the top of the stack.
Oh, and I never use the mini-scrap (well, hardly ever)