Feature Request - DropBox support

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Feature Request - DropBox support

Post by jgt1942 »

It would be nice to have DropBox support. In Window File manager when I click on a DropBox folder I have three DropBox options but in Xplorer2 (v2.5.0.4) the DropBox options are not presented to me.
jgt1942
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - DropBox support

Post by nikos »

what are these options like?
sometimes you can get extra menu commands if you right click "nowhere" on the background of a special folder
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Hmm, other "alternative file managers" have similar issues.
Which Dropbox version are you using?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

Nikos, ops I've hit an issue trying to put an image in my post and cannot figure out how to do it. In WE (Windows Explorer), when I right click on a folder I see a bunch of options that various applications provide, if the folder is a DropBox folder three of the options are for DropBox (1) Share this folder (2) Share DropBox Link, (3) View on DropBox.com. Currently I only use the 2nd option.

I also use OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) and via WE it offers a few options but if you want to share the folder you need to use the DropBox app (unless I'm missing something).

Tuxman, I'm using the current version of DropBox whatever that is I have no idea. I have not see a version number anywhere.
jgt1942
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

but other than a few missing context menu items the folder works ok?
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

Yes it seems to work other than the missing options in the right-click menu which IMHO is important for usage.
jgt1942
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

jgt1942 wrote:I also use OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) and via WE it offers a few options but if you want to share the folder you need to use the DropBox app (unless I'm missing something).
On Win7 desktop I see same in WE and X2-Pro context menus for Dropbox and OneDrive folders.

On Win 8.1 laptop I don't have DropBox, however the OneDrive context menu I see in FE and X2-LIte is the same as I see in Win7 WE and X2-Pro on the desktop.

RP

Aside - I installed the Free OneNote 2013 for Windows on the weekend. First I got sucked into flat cloud world of Online Office where I had to login to Outlook.com 99 zillion times, also had to wait for and return some security code number or other. I could have given them my smart-phone details, as if. I've had the account since before MS bought it when it was HoTMail.com :roll:

And then I discovered the Free OneNote 2013 for Windows doesn't support local Notebooks - they have to be flat cloud notebooks. Hasta la vista Free OneNote 2013 (painless) - see ya in 2018 maybe.

rp
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

jgt1942 i cannot control what appears in the context menu. One explanation for missing menu items (given RightPaddock's response who seems to have full menus) is that you are not using the correct xplorer2 version for your windows OS (ie. the 64 bit xplorer2)
jgt1942
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jgt1942 »

Per help > about I'm using 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 6/21/2014
When I check on your site his is the latest version and per the help file I do have x64 version installed.

RightPaddock - interesting that you see the context menus on the Win7 system. I have a win7 install under VMWare but don't have time to ck today. I'll try later. Possibly something to do with Win8.1 or possibly I've done something wrong. Thanks for the FB
jgt1942
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Dropbox 3.1.266 has a new shell extension.
https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/communi ... ld-3-1-266
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012